Navi Mumbai delay puts Commonwealth Games in the shade
Delays to the completion of facilities for the Commonwealth Games in Delhi stole the world’s attention at the end of September. But it is the delays and bureaucratic quagmire surrounding the commissioning and construction of Mumbai’s new airport, Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra, which prompts deeper concerns about India’s development of transport infrastructure. [2181 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- One step forward, two steps back
- Environment Ministry accepts the site: Patel
- Alternative sites have their own challenges
- No site, no timeline, no resolution in sight for a project ‘of the upmost importance’
- Mumbai to run out of airport capacity?
- Planning for saturation
- No certainty about Delhi’s second airport either
- Worryingly reminiscent of the past
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.