GOL makes progress with troublesome VRG acquisition: Anac approves corporate reorganisation
GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes, the parent company of GOL Transportes Aéreos (GTA) and VRG Linhas Aéreas (VRG), stated Anac (Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Agency) approved the corporate restructuring of its subsidiaries to combine them into a single airline company. GOL is expected to save an estimated USD180 million through the merger. [1212 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New integrated route network: GTA to focus on domestic and short-haul sectors; VRG on medium-haul international routes
- To implement new integrated sales system
- Unit costs remain at top end of LCC peer group
- Announces new fare and premium economy product
- Enhances in-flight service offering
Graphs and data:
- GOL domestic monthly passenger traffic (millions) and load factor (%): 12 months to 30-Sep-08 and 30-Sep-07
- GOL route network: GTA and VRG
- Sample LCC unit cost (per ASK; USD cents)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.