GoAir roars back to life with triple digit growth
India’s GoAir is one of the world’s fastest growing airlines at present. Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) reports GoAir’s passenger numbers increased by 162% year-on-year in Aug-2009, to 207,000 passengers, compared to a 25.6% year-on-year increase in domestic traffic across the entire Indian market during the month. [537 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Bombay Dyeing Group reportedly looking to sell stake
- GoAir slashes fares as Indian LCCs look to combat full service carriers
Graphs and data:
- GoAir passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth (% change ear-on-year): Jun-2008 to May-2009
- Indian domestic passenger load factors in Aug-2009
- GoAir market share growth: Sep-2008 to Aug-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.