Flughafen Wien fights to halt traffic decline on key routes; negative three & nine-month financials
Austria’s Flughafen Wien Group, parent of Vienna International Airport, has released its financial report for the three and nine month periods ending 30-Sep-2009. A sea of minus signs mean neither makes for comfortable reading. Traffic in the key eastern European market has collapsed. However, a more favourable set of passenger and cargo figurers in Oct-09 permit some hope. The VIE-Skylink construction remains suspended. [1369 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Slower decline in traffic but worrying losses on AUA routes
- Outlook improving
- Ryanair playing off Bratislava v. Vienna?
- Corporate spending – Skylink work remains suspended.
Graphs and data:
- Flughafen Wien financial highlights for the three months ended Sep-2009 (all financial figures EUR million)
- Flughafen Wien financial highlights for the nine months ended Sep-2009 (all financial figures EUR million)
- Chart 1: Vienna Airport revenue, EBITDA & net profit: 9 months ended Sep-2009 & 3Q2009
- Chart 2: Vienna Airport passenger numbers: 2005 to 9 months ended Sep-2009
- Table: Selected European hub airport traffic: Oct-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.