Finnair's Mar-2011 traffic has been heavily affected by the disaster in Japan, with load factors down 9 percentage points on this time last year. Overall, passenger traffic rose 1.1%, thanks in part to double-digit growth in domestic traffic. Traffic to/from Asia was up 1.6%, but European traffic matched 2010 levels, due to a fall in feeder traffic.
Finnair traffic highlights in Mar-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 691,800, +1.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 72.4%, -9.0 ppts;
- Domestic: 57.2%, -8.4 ppts;
- Europe: 62.1%, -8.0 ppts;
- North America: 75.9%, -9.2 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 74.5%, -12.2 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 12,862 tonnes, +39%;
- Cargo load factor: 65.3%, -10.8 ppts.
Finnair shares traded 0.5% lower on Tuesday.
Selected European airline share price movements (% change): 12-Apr-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.