Europe’s traffic continues to deflate
The world’s central bankers and government leaders may have had some recent success in breaking the spiral of fear on world financial markets, but European aviation is nevertheless in for an extended period of weakness. [1165 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- August traffic confirms a continuing downturn
- Smaller airports fare better in Aug-08...
- ...but post-Summer blues set in
- BAA reports marked slowdown, but remains optimistic
- British Airways outlook sours, easyJet improves
- Full service rivals report traffic weakness
- Conclusion: The brakes are on
Graphs and data:
- IATA international passenger traffic RPK growth: Europe vs Industry
- ACI passenger number growth: Sep-07 to Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.