Emirates hopeful global air travel to rebound by mid-2010
The president of Emirates, Tim Clark, has said the surge in global stock markets and signs of returning consumer confidence suggest global demand for air travel could pick up by mid-2010. He believes that, excluding another stock market crash or evidence of a deepening recession, consumer spending is likely to return by next year - to the benefit of the world’s air carriers.
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Too early to predict impact of oil prices on profit
- Emirates cargo set for growth
- Emirates always looking to add destinations – but with due caution
- New codeshare deal with V Australia
- Tourism Australia and Emirates launch campaign
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.