Construction of Abu Dhabi Airport Midfield Terminal Complex could be delayed by four years
The Supervision Committee for the Expansion of Abu Dhabi International Airport (SCADIA) revealed construction of the USD6.8 billion Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC) could be delayed by up to four years, pushing completion back to 1Q2015. SCADIA Director of Aviation Projects cited “some modifications and change in requirements” in coordinating the various stakeholders and accommodating the “aggressive fleet acquisition of Etihad Airways” as key reasons behind the delay. [1207 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Logistics park to complete by end-2009
- Al Ain Aerospace Cluster commences construction in 2010
- Signs air traffic control deal with Thales at Dubai Air Show
- SZ ANC Centre opens
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company reports slower traffic growth rates
- To outsource F&B operations and generate USD130 million in retail sales
Graphs and data:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- Abu Dhabi International Airport passenger numbers and growth: Oct-2008 to Oct-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.