China’s ‘smoke and mirrors’ airport investment programme. But it’s the airlines that need a hand
The Chinese Government’s “unprecedented” USD586 billion economic stimulus package, announced on 09-Nov-08, was meant to inspire market confidence. But significant amounts of the funds have been committed previously, diluting the plan’s impact. [920 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- "New" airport funding - not so sure
- Airlines rack up USD615 million in losses in year to Oct-08
- Beijing would encourage closer airline cooperation
- Two new aircraft arriving every three days in 2009 and 2010
- Outlook: How to finance an airline crisis?
Graphs and data:
- Chinese Mainland carriers' passenger numbers vs cargo volume growth: Oct-07 to Sep-08
- China mainland carriers' passenger numbers growth: (% change year-on-year): Jan-08 to Sep-08
- China fleet plan: 2009 to 2013 (as at 12-Nov-08)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.