Cathay Pacific sees weakness in some passenger markets, strength in others. Freight slumps
Cathay Pacific and Dragonair carried a total of 2.2 million passengers in May-2011 - up just 1.1% year-on-year - while the passenger load factor fell 3 ppts to 78.3% as capacity (ASKs) increased strongly, by 9.1%. Cargo load factors were also down heavily, prompting further action by the airline to trim capacity. [735 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Cargo slumps
- Tough time for airline investors
Graphs and data:
- Cathay Pacific passenger numbers (mill): Jan-2009 to May-2011
- Cathay Pacific RPKs to North Asia (mill): Jan-2009 to May-2011
- Cathay Pacific RPKs to North America (mill): Jan-2009 to May-2011
- Cathay Pacific RPKs by region: Jan-2009 to May-2011
- Cathay Pacific share price over the past month
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.