Air India’s passenger numbers recover ground, but at what price?
Air India enjoyed a continuation of its domestic traffic recovery in Feb-2009, with passenger numbers rising 11% year-on-year to 547,000. Yield data was not disclosed, but the carrier led an aggressive discounting campaign at the start of Jan-2009 that stimulated demand, particularly for travel the following month. [845 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Enhancements to Europe/US services
- Fleet financing deal close and MRO deals
- Outlook: more red ink
Graphs and data:
- Air India passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth:
Mar-08 to Feb-09
- Air India domestic market share (%): Jan-06 to Feb-09
- Indian carriers domestic passenger load factor in Feb-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.