Virgin Blue passenger numbers down 2.0% - traffic highlights in Oct-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 1.6 million, -2.0% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.4 million, -6.5%;
- International: 230,384, +37.1%;
- Load factor: 82.2%, -0.6 ppt;
- Domestic: 84.9%, +0.4 ppt;
- International: 77.4%, +3.0 ppts. [more]
Virgin Blue: "International passenger numbers for the month of October increased by 37.1% over the previous year. Virgin Blue traffic, measured by Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPKs) increased by 183.3% while capacity, measured by Available Seat Kilometres (ASKs) increased by 172.9% over the same period. Revenue load factor was up 3.0 points from the previous year,” Source: Company statement, 30-Nov-2009.