Virgin Australia Holdings passenger numbers down 3.4% – traffic highlights for Apr-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 1.5 million, -3.4% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.3 million, -5.0%;
- International: 213,360, +7.8%;
- Load factor: 73.6%, -3.4 ppts;
- Domestic: 71.5%, -5.6 ppts;
- International: 77%, +0.1 ppt. [more – original PR]
Virgin Australia: “Domestic operations - Yields for the month of April were higher than the prior corresponding period, with the highest yield recorded since December 2011. This improvement was driven by the benefits of the new Sabre system starting to flow through and a continued increase in penetration of the higher yielding Corporate and Government markets.” Source: Company statement, 15-May-2013.