US Airways passenger numbers up 5.2% in May-2011
US Airways reports (03-Jun-2011) the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 5.4 million, +5.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 84.9%, +2.4 ppts;
- Mainline: 85.2%, +2.3 ppts;
- Domestic: 86.2%, +2.5 ppts;
- Europe: 83%, -0.5 ppt;
- Latin America: 82.7%, +7.7 ppts.
US Airways: "Our May consolidated (mainline and Express) passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) increased approximately 11% versus the same period last year," US Airways' President, Scott Kirby. Source: Company statement, 03-Jun-2011.