US Airways Aug-2009 pax down 6.8%, load factor down 0.1 ppts
US Airways passenger numbers down 6.8% - consolidated traffic highlights in Aug-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 5.2 million, -6.8% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 4.7 million, -7.7%;
- Trans-Atlantic: 295,315, +13.2%;
- Latin America: 275,399, -8.7%;
- Load factor: 85.0%, -0.1 ppt;
US Airways: "Our August consolidated (mainline and Express) passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) decreased approximately 15 percent versus the same period last year while total revenue per available seat mile decreased approximately 13 percent on a year-over-year basis. We remain encouraged that recent booking and yield improvement trends are continuing into September,” Scott Kirby, President. Source: US Airways, 03-Sep-2009.