30-Mar-2012 12:30 PM
United Continental Holdings issues 1Q2012 and full year revenue and traffic outlooks
- Consolidated domestic available seat miles (ASMs) expected to decrease 2.5%;
- Consolidated international ASMs to increase 3.5% year-over-year;
- Consolidated system ASMs to increase 0.1% year-over-year;
- Full year:
- Consolidated system ASMs forecast to decrease between 0.5% and 1.5% year-over-year.
- Consolidated passenger revenue per ASM (PRASM) to grow between 4.0% and 5.0% year-over-year;
- Cargo and other revenue to be between USD1.07 billion and USD1.11 billion;
Non-fuel expense guidance:
- 1Q2012 consolidated cost per ASM (CASM) to increase 1.5% to 2.5% year-over-year;
- United Continental expects to record approximately USD65 million of third-party business expenses in 1Q2012;
- Consolidated fuel price, including the impact of cash settled hedges, estimated at USD3.35 per gallon for 1Q2012, based on the forward curve as of 21-Mar-2012.
- 1Q2012 non-operating expenses of USD180 million-200 million;
- Capital expenditures and scheduled debt and capital lease payments;
- 1Q2012 gross capital expenditures of approximately USD410 million and USD270 million of net capital expenditures, excluding USD33 million of net purchase deposits paid;
- 1Q2012 scheduled debt and capital lease payments of USD400 million and prepayments of approximately USD100 million of debt.
- 1Q2012 expected to end with approximately USD7.7 billion in unrestricted liquidity, comprised of approximately USD7.2 billion of unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments and USD500 million in undrawn commitments under its revolving credit facility.
- Expects to record "minimal" cash income taxes in 2012.
Advance booked seat factor (next six weeks, compared to same period in 2011):