Loading
12-Feb-2010 11:17 AM

Travelport postpones its USD1.78 billion London IPO

Travelport postponed its USD1.78 billion London IPO on 10-Feb-2010, citing uncertain and unstable market conditions (Bloomberg, 11-Feb-2010). The IPO would have been the largest IPO in London in two years. The cancellation of the IPO follows a previous reduction in the price range, from GBP2.10-2.90 to GBP1.80-1.90. The sale, arranged by Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank and UBS, was due to close on 11-Feb-2010, and would have seen Blackstone Group reduce its ownership stake from 70% to approximately 40%. Travelport had also altered its remuneration policy to reduce the amount Directors and staff would receive if operating profit growth reaches the company’s targets. The company said it would consider a share sale in the future when equity market conditions are “more favourable.”

Travelport: “Since we announced our intention to float, there has been significantly increased volatility and uncertainty in the global equity markets, as a result of macro circumstances unrelated to our business,” Jeff Clarke, CEO. Source: Bloomberg, 11-Feb-2010.

Want More News Like This?

CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find Out More