Transaero Airlines reports EUR202m operating profit in 2012 under IFRS
Transaero Airlines reported (14-Aug-2013) the following financial highlights for 1H2013 according to International Financial Reporting Standards:
- Revenue: RUB48.3 billion (EUR1.1 billion), +19% year-on-year;
- Net income: RUB261.915 million (EUR5.96 million), +54% year-on-year;
- Passenger numbers: 5.49 million, +26.4%;
- Cargo volume: 29,000 tonnes, +5.6%;
- Fleet: From 94 to 100 aircraft. [more - original PR Russian]
Transaero: "We are pleased with both the financial and operating results for the first half of the year. IFRS statements clearly demonstrates the strength and stability of the financial situation of our airline. The increase in revenue, as well as a significant increase in net income are indicators of the efficiency of the airline. Airline passenger load factor was 83.5%. This is the best result among the five largest Russian carriers. It is also important that the share of "Transaero" in the market for general passenger traffic, which reached 21.5%. Management will continue to do whatever is necessary to continue the steady progressive development of the airline "Transaero"," Olga Pleshakova, general director. Source: Company statement, 14-Aug-2013.