Thomas Cook revenue down 5.6% - financial highlights for the three months ended 31-Dec-2009:
- Revenue: GBP1,698 million, -5.6% year-on-year;
- Cost of providing tourism services: GBP1,289 million, -7.5%;
- Other operating cost: GBP450.8 million, +4.3%;
- Operating profit (loss): (GBP63.1 million), compared to a loss of GBP72.7% million in the previous corresponding period;
- Profit (loss) before tax: (GBP81.5 million), compared to a loss of GBP112 million in the previous corresponding period. [more]
Thomas Cook: “We expect the winter season trading to trend towards reduced capacity levels. However, with full year results underpinned by a strong summer programme, weighted towards higher margin destinations, and cost reduction plans, we are confident that the Group will perform in line with Board expectations,” Company statement. Source: Thomas Cook, 11-Feb-2010.