- Passenger flight segments: 1.2 million, +22.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 90.7%, +4.2ppts;
- Average stage length: 941 miles, +5.6%;
- Total departures: 8223, +13.8%;
- 3Q2013 guidance:
- Average economic fuel cost per gallon: USD3.29;
- Fuel gallons: 44,902. [more - original PR]
Spirit Airlines: "As expected, the strength in demand we experienced in June continued throughout the seasonally strong summer travel period. We currently estimate total RASM for the third quarter 2013 will be up year-over-year in the mid-single digit range, driven primarily by higher yields and load factors in July and August, while yield and load factor for September are estimated to be flat to up slightly year-over-year as we head into the shoulder travel season," Ben Baldanza, CEO. Source: Company statement, 09-Sep-2013.