Saudia director general Khaled Al-Molhem reported the carrier transported 6.8 million passengers, an increase of 8.2% year-on-year, in the three months ended 31-Aug-2012, according to a Arab News report. Details include:
- Passenger numbers: 6.8 million, +8.2% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 3.7 million, +12.4%;
- International: 3.1 million, +3.3%;
- Number of flights: 47,460, +6%;
- International: 17,850, +2.5%;
- Ontime performance: 88.7%, +2.8 ppts.
Mr Al-Molhen attributed 21.9% of flight delays were caused by bad weather, control tower issues and airport facilities.