SAS Group passenger numbers up 5% - traffic highlights for Aug-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.3 million, +4.7% year-on-year;
- Scandinavian Airlines*: 2.1 million, +4.0%;
- Wideroe: 243,000, +10.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 78.8%, +1.8 ppt;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 79.5%, +1.9 ppt;
- Wideroe: 59.4%, -1.9 ppt. [more - original PR]
SAS Group: “Currency adjusted yield (SAS) in July was up by 4.1% versus previous year and RASK was up 8.7% somewhat better than expected. For August 2012 both yield and RASK (change vs last year) are expected to be positive. Forward booking levels are well above last year's level. Overall, the market growth continues to be good, but remains unpredictable due to added capacity in certain markets, risk in the global economy and high jet fuel prices. This adds uncertainty to the yield and RASK outlook going forward. The SAS Group plans to increase the capacity by approximately 4-5% in 2012 vs 2011.” Source: Company statement, 07-Sep-2012.