SAS Group passenger numbers up 4.5% in Mar-2012, yield down in Feb-2012
SAS Group passenger numbers up 4.5% – traffic highlights for Mar-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +4.5% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 72.3%, +4.2 ppts;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 73.2%, +4.2 ppts;
- Wideroe: 56.1%, -0.9 ppt;
- Blue1: 65.3%, +2.9 ppts. [more – original PR]
SAS Group plans (11-Apr-2012) to gradually increase the capacity in line with the seasonally stronger demand and in total increase the capacity by 5-6% during 2012 as 28 new routes are planned to be launched.
SAS Group: “During Feb-2012, currency adjusted yield was down by 2.9% versus previous year and RASK was unchanged. For Mar-2012, (change vs last year), the yield and RASK development will be somewhat weaker than February. The response to market campaigns is still good and forward booking levels are above last year’s level, but premium bookings are weaker on certain routes,” Source: Company statement, 11-Apr-2012.