Norwegian Air Shuttle passenger numbers up 14% - traffic highlights for Aug-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, +14% year-on-year;
- Load factor: 79.2%, -1.2 ppt;
- Internet bookings: 79%, +1 ppt;
- Yield: NOK0.48 (EUR 6.1 cents), -12%;
- Revenue per ASK: NOK0.38 (EUR 4.8 cents), -13%. [more - original PR]
*Based on the average conversion rate at EUR1 = NOK7.8683
Norwegian Air Shuttle: "The increase in passenger traffic, production and passengers is primarily driven by the establishment of new European short-haul bases and long-haul operations to North America and Southeast Asia. The new long and short-haul routes contributed positively to the load factor. The traffic figures are influenced by the better than usual weather in Northern Europe which affected late bookings." Source: Company statement, 05-Sep-2013.