France’s Lagardère reported (07-Mar-2013) the following financial highlights for 2012:
- Net sales: EUR7370 million, -3.7% year-on-year;
- Lagardère services: EUR3809 million, +2.3%;
- Lagardère publishing: EUR2077 million, +1.9%;
- Recurring EBIT before associates: EUR358 million, -13.5%;
- Lagardère services: EUR104 million, -1.0%;
- Lagardère publishing: EUR223 million, +0.9%. [more - original PR]
Lagardère: “Business in 2012 continued to be boosted by the strong dynamics of the Travel Retail business, up 8.2% on a like-for-like basis. The profitability of Travel Retail activities has dramatically increased thanks to the solid performance turned in by Duty Free in France and in Central Europe, but also thanks to the development of food services activities in Europe and to the favourable evolution of the mix (products and concepts) of the Travel essentials business line.” Source: Company statement, 07-Mar-2013.