JetBlue Airways pax numbers up 6% in Jun-2013, PRASM flat
JetBlue Airways reported (11-Jul-2013) the following traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +6% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 85.7%, -0.2 ppt;
- Six months ended Jun-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 15.1 million, +6.1%;
- Passenger load factor: 84.4%, +0.3 ppt. [more – original PR]
JetBlue: “JetBlue's preliminary passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) for the month of June was relatively flat year over year. June PRASM was negatively impacted by a one-time noncash adjustment related to the points expiration change in JetBlue's loyalty program, which lowered PRASM by approximately one percentage point. This adjustment was not included in previous guidance.” Source: Company statement, 11-Jul-2013.