JetBlue Airways passenger numbers up 4.1% in Dec-2010
JetBlue Airways reports (18-Jan-2011) the following traffic highlights:
- Revenue passengers: 2.0 million, +4.1% year-on-year;
- Load factor: 82.1%, +2.1 ppts;
- Passenger revenue per ASM: +3%.
- 12 months ended 2010:
- Revenue passengers: 24.3 million, +8%;
- Load factor: 81.4%, +1.7 ppts. [more]
JetBlue: “JetBlue's preliminary passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) for the month of December increased 3% year over year and was primarily impacted by two items. The severe weather in the north-east reduced JetBlue's passenger revenue by approximately USD30 million, which is included in the December PRASM estimate, and reduced operating income for the fourth quarter by about USD25 million,” Source: Company statement, 18-Jan-2011.