IATA released (05-Nov-2012) its Airline Financial Health Monitor for Oct-2012 with the following financial highlights for three months ended 30-Sep-2012:
- Operating profit: USD6164 million, +11.2% year-on-year;
- Net profit: USD3672 million, +13.2%;
- North America: USD1285 million, +19.1%;
- Asia Pacific: USD1000 million, -22.1%;
- Europe: USD1355 million, +67.3%;
- Latin America: USD32 million, -55.6%. [more – original PR]
IATA: "Early releases of Q3 financial results suggest a continuation of the relatively good financial performance in Q2. The small sample of airlines shows that both operating and net profits were up in Q3 compared to the same period last year. European airlines show significant improvement in net profits in the third quarter after experiencing losses in Q2. North American airlines continue to improve on a year ago, while Asia-Pacific and Latin American airlines post profits but are down on Q3 2011." Source: Company statement, 05-Nov-2012.