Hong Kong International Airport reports 6.5% rise in Mar-2010 pax
Hong Kong International Airport reports (18-Apr-2010) the following traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 4.2 million, +6.5% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 347,000 tonnes +29.5%;
- Aircraft movements: 24,370, +2.5%.
- 3 months ended Mar-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 12 million, +6.7%;
- Cargo volume: 905,000 tonnes, +34%;
- Aircraft movements: 70,100, +1.2%. [more]
Hong Kong Airport: “While all three air traffic categories continued to show gains in March, cargo throughput - which is 29.5% higher than the same period in 2009 and 4% higher than 2008 - performed particularly well as a result of continuing recovery in the global economy as well as trade. We are encouraged by the strong figures in the first quarter and are optimistic that air traffic will soon return to pre-crisis levels if the existing trends continue,” Stanley Hui Hon-chung, Chief Executive Officer of Airport Authority Hong Kong. Source: Company statement, 18-Apr-2010.