Gulf Air announces new commercial initiatives
Gulf Air unveiled (20-Jul-2011) a series of new commercial initiatives to position it as a "dynamic and innovative airline with a difference". The carrier plans to expand its passenger base by introducing a range of new products, services and incentive packages for key customer segments, while strengthening its home market share. The carrier's home market share is 32%.
- Family First: Packages for customers travelling with their spouses and kids, offering special privileges both on the ground and in the air. Gulf Air will be opening one-stop-shop in Seef Mall, where families can come, enquire and book tickets;
- Falcon Corporate Plus: Targeting the corporate business segment with an incentive programmes designed exclusively for corporate travellers. Offers a basket of different exclusive privileges that can be tailor-made for each client. The range of benefits include exclusive price discounts, free upgrades from economy to Falcon Gold class, free lounge access for economy class passengers, and both free parking and chauffeur service to and from the Bahrain International Airport;
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) focussed incentive programme to be created, specifically tailored to meet these market segments’ requirements.
- Sky Chef service: Revamped with new cuisines.
- Falcon Frequent Flyer programme: Revamped with new privileges and value added benefits.
- Home market share: Gulf Air recently announced a discount for government officials when they book their travel directly with Gulf Air. The airline will also be opening its own offices in ministries and key government departments. Gulf Air has also designed a new incentive scheme for travel agents that would allow them to increase their commission. Proactively promoting in-bound tourism to Bahrain, having announced a joint promotion with leading five star hotels in Bahrain. [more]