Frontier Airlines report ninth consecutive month of operating profit in Jul-2009
Frontier Airlines reported (27-Aug-2009) an operating profit of USD24.9 million in Jul-2009, its ninth consecutive monthly operating profit. Details include:
- Operating profit: USD24.9 million, +1,975% year-on-year;
- Net profit: USD17.8 million, compared to a net loss of USD3.2 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Mainline capacity (ASMs): -16.0%;
- Mainline unit cost per ASM: USD 8.58 cents, -27.0%;
- Mainline passenger revenue per ASM: USD 10.33 cents, -9.9%;
- Mainline revenue per ASM: USD 11.26 cents, -5.1%.
Frontier Airlines: “Our financial performance in July and over the past nine months was possible because of our continuous focus on achieving the lowest cost structure in the industry, developing alternative revenue streams through our branded AirFairs program as well as the introduction of ancillary revenues and our constant attention to quality customer service. These results attracted two major investors to vie for ownership of our company and bring us out of bankruptcy,” Sean Menke, President and CEO. Source: Frontier Airlines, 27-Aug-2009.