- Passenger numbers: 5.7 million, -1.8% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 202,303 tons, -0.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 52,814, -4.7%;
- Passenger numbers: 99.4 million, +2.9%;
- Cargo volume: 2.4 million tons, -5.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 819,415, +0.4%. [more - original PR]
Fraport: “The airline industry in Europe finds itself in a difficult economic situation. High fuel prices, the burden of the national aviation tax, and weak demand, particularly in Southern Europe, require capacity adjustments. In this environment, Frankfurt Airport with its new passenger record performed very well,” Stefan Schulte, Chairman. Source: Company statement, 15-Jan-2013.