Frankfurt Airport reports 6% fall in Aug-2009 cargo volume
- Passenger numbers: 7.8 million, -2.3% year-on-year;
- Frankfurt: 4.9 million, -0.4%;
- Cargo volume: 181,624 tonnes, -5.1%;
- Frankfurt: 159,628 tonnes, -6.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 63,567, -4.2%;
- Frankfurt: 39,663, -5.0%.
Fraport: "From month to month the traffic decline is lessening. In the passenger segment, we have almost reached the previous year's level during August 2009 - especially because of the base-year effect from the weakening economy in the second half of 2008…With improving positive development, we have a good chance of ending the year with a passenger decline of only five to six percent. Up to now, we had been expecting six to nine percent fewer passengers than in the previous year," Dr. Stefan Schulte, Fraport Executive Board Chairman, Source: Fraport, 09-Sep-2009.