Frankfurt Airport reports 2% fall in Oct-2009 pax numbers
- Passenger numbers: 7.5 million, -0.1% year-on-year;
- Frankfurt: 4.6 million, -1.9%;
- Cargo volume: 207,223 tonnes, +1.5%;
- Frankfurt: 181,687 tonnes, -0.1%:
- Aircraft movements: 65,088, -1.0%;
- Frankfurt: 40,674, -4.4%.
Fraport: "Oct-2009 continued the positive trend in traffic development that we have seen during the course of the year. Following a 10.9% drop in passenger traffic in the first quarter, the decline shrank to 5.6% in the second quarter and narrowed to only 2.8% by the third quarter. Oct-2009 figures indicated that the decline in traffic is increasingly lessening," Dr Stefan Schulte, Fraport executive board Chairman, Source: Company statement, 11-Nov-2009.