Finnair's pax rise 1.1%, led by Asia Pacific sector
Finnair passenger numbers up 1.1% - traffic highlights in Jun-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 649,000, +1.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 77.2%, +3.2 ppts;
- Domestic: 56.7%, -3.7 ppts;
- Leisure: 86.9%, +1.7 ppt;
- Europe: 70.5%, -1.2 ppt;
- Trans-Atlantic: 85.4%, -0.5 ppt;
- Asia Pacific: 79.5%, +8.8 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 11,128 tonnes, +54.0%. [more]
Finnair: “The unit revenue of Finnair's scheduled flights per passenger kilometre increased by 6% in the second quarter compared with the previous year, whereas during the first half of the year the unit revenue decreased by 1%. One significant factor is that the demand for business class has increased by almost 40%. On Asian flights, the number of passengers in business class increased by over 50%,” Company statement. Source: Finnair, 07-Jul-2010.
Finnair: “In addition to the growth in the overall demand, particularly corporate travel has increased no matter the travel class. The demand comes, above all, from European and Asian markets outside Finland. The change in passenger structure during the year has improved the unit revenue significantly. The price level is however clearly below 2008,” Mika Vehviläinen, CEO. Source: Finnair, 07-Jul-2010.