- Passenger numbers: 641,600, -13.9% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 76.6%, -1.3 ppt;
- Domestic: 58.5%, -2.4 ppts;
- Europe: 67.6%, +0.2 ppt;
- Trans-Atlantic: 79.6%, -4.1 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 84.6%, +0.3 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 8,561 tonnes, -1.0%. [more] [more - Perspective]
Finnair: “In terms of cargo, it seems that the bottom has been reached. As far as passenger traffic is concerned, this can’t yet be said. Scheduled passenger traffic’s unit revenues in passenger kilometres declined in the third quarter by 12%. In leisure traffic demand is expected to fall further, so we will cut capacity to match demand,” Christer Haglund, SVP Communications. Source: Finnair, 07-Oct-2009.