Finnair scheduled yield down 7% in 1Q2010
Finnair passenger numbers up 2.4% - traffic highlights in Mar-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 684,300, +2.4% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 81.4%, +8.9 ppts;
- Domestic: 65.6%, +5.0 ppts;
- Europe: 70.1%, +9.8 ppts;
- Trans-Atlantic: 85.0%, +7.7 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 86.7%, +14.9 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 9,256 tonnes, +22.4%. [more]
Finnair: “Finnair’s traffic is picking up. Growth is coming from scheduled traffic and particularly from outside Finland. Scheduled traffic grew in March by 19% compared with March last year. The passenger load factor of scheduled flights rose by more than 12 ppts. In January-March the average yield per passenger kilometre in scheduled traffic was 7% lower than last year,” Company statement. Source: Finnair, 07-Apr-2010.
Finnair: “The focus of business travel demand has shifted to outside of Finland. Long-haul traffic business class sales in particular are clearly better than before. The price level of flight tickets is still low, however,” Christer Haglund, Senior Vice President Communications. Source: Finnair, 07-Apr-2010.