Finnair pax numbers down 6.2% in Jul-2009
Finnair passenger numbers down 6.2% - traffic highlights in Jul-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 671,000, -6.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 81.8%, +0.8 ppt;
- Domestic: 63.5%, -0.4 ppt;
- Europe: 77.1%, -0.2 ppt;
- Asia Pacific: 83.6%, +3.7 ppts;
- Trans-Atlantic: 90.1%, stable;
- Cargo volume: 7,546 tonnes, -12.9%.
Finnair: “Finnair's scheduled traffic declined in July by nearly seven per cent and passenger numbers were around three per cent lower than in July 2008. Capacity was cut by nearly nine per cent, which meant that passenger load factor rose to 81 per cent. We have managed to adjust our capacity to correspond to lower demand, which has improved the passenger load factor. The price level is still regrettably poor, as has been the case throughout the early part of the year,” Lasse Heinonen, Deputy CEO. Source: Finnair, 06-Aug-2009.