easyJet reports positive results in 1QFY2012
easyJet revenue up 17% - financial highlights for three months ended 31-Dec-2011:
- Revenue: GBP763 million, +16.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger numbers: 12.9 million, +8.1%;
- Load factor: 87.6%, +0.9 ppt;
- Revenue per passenger: GBP59.17, +8.0%;
- Average owned/leased aircraft: 203, +7.3%;
- Average operating aircraft: 191, +10.3%;
- Average sector length: 1083 km, -0.5%;
- Cash and money market deposits: GBP1216 million;
- Seat capacity forecast:
- 1HFY2012: +3%;
- FY2012: +5%. [more – original PR]
easyJet: “The good performance in the quarter has meant we are cautiously confident in our outlook for the business,” Carolyn McCall, CEO. Source: Company statement, 27-Jan-2012.
easyJet: “With approximately 70% of the first half seats now booked the percentage increase in revenue per seat at constant currency for the first half of the year is expected to be similar to the level seen in the first quarter. However, in line with last year, less than 15% of second half available seats have been sold. Due to the strong revenue performance and assuming no significant disruption in the second quarter, easyJet expects to recover most of the GBP100 million increase in its first half fuel bill and contain first half losses to between GBP140 million and GBP160 million. This is compared to the GBP153 million loss reported in the first half of last year.” Source: Company statement, 27-Jan-2012.