Dubai International Airport reports (26-Jul-2010) the following traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 3.7 million, +9.6% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 184,576 tonnes, +21.2%.
- Six months ended Jun-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 22.6 million, +16.3%;
- Cargo volume: 1.1 million tonnes, +26%. [more]
Dubai Airports: "As the numbers clearly suggest, many major airports around the world are starting to display positive growth following an almost year-long spell of double-digit decrease in traffic. Dubai International was the only airport among the major international hubs recording positive growth throughout this period. As the global economic situation continues to improve further, our performance will only grow stronger," Paul Griffiths, CEO. Source: Company statement, 26-Jul-2010.