Delta Air Lines pax numbers stable at 15.6 million in Jul-2013, PRASM up 3%
Delta Air Lines reports (02-Aug-2013) the following traffic highlights in Jul-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 15.6 million, -0.2% year-on-year;
- Revenue passenger miles: +1.7%;
- Passenger load factor: 87%, -0.8 ppt;
- Domestic: 86%, -1.8 ppts;
- International: 88.3%, +0.4 ppt;
- Latin America: 89.2%, -0.7 ppt;
- Europe: 90%, +0.6 ppt;
- Asia Pacific: 84.3%, +0.3 ppt;
- Consolidated PRASM: +3.0%.
Delta: “Consolidated passenger unit revenue (PRASM) for the month of July increased 3.0% year over year, led by improvement in Delta's hubs in Atlanta and New York and solid performance in trans-Atlantic markets. System PRASM pressure from yen devaluation continues and drove 1 point of negative impact for the month.” Source: Company statement, 02-Aug-2013.