Copenhagen Kastrup Airport pax up 4% in Oct-2013, year-to-date growth above European average
- Passenger numbers: 2.2 million, +3.6% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 177,936, -0.4%;
- International: 1,998,930, +3.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 22,410, +1.8%;
- Domestic: 2687, +5.5%;
- International: 19,723, +1.3%.
The airport also reported (12-Nov-2013) the following top destinations in terms of passenger numbers:
- London: 162,804, +9.5%;
- Stockholm: 125,356, +3.1%;
- Oslo: 122,865, +4.8%;
- Aalborg: 85,862, +2.7%;
- Paris: 77,177, -1.3%.
Copenhagen Airport: "Our growth for the year is almost 50% higher than the European average, and we're very pleased with the October growth rate of 3.6%. It is also important to note that in October we had both more business travellers and more leisure travellers, as more people travelled during the autumn school break, and there were more business travellers in the other weeks of the month," Thomas Woldbye, CEO. Source: Company statement, 12-Nov-2013.