China Eastern Airlines stated it has maintained an average load factor of 80% for the year as at the end of 30-Nov-2011. The carrier, according to reports from China Civil Aviation Online and Yicai, also reported the following forecast for full year 2011:
- Passenger numbers: 68.8 million, +5.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 78.8%, +0.8 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 1.5 million tonnes, stable;
- Aircraft utilisation: 9.8 hours/day, +0.1 hours/day;
- Safe flight hours: 1.3 million hours, +7.2%;
- Number of flights: 623,300, +4.4%.
China Eastern general manager Luo Shaoyong stated revenue growth in 2012 will be difficult with a decline in profitability a possibility while international sales and freight markets remain sluggish.