China Eastern Airlines achieves targets in 12th five year plan, aims to end 2020 with 900 aircraft
China Eastern Airlines announced (31-Dec-2015) it achieved its targets for the 12th five year development years ended 2015, ending the year with record operating revenue and its seventh consecutive year of profitability. During the year the carrier also transported close to 94 million passengers and operated 1.8 million safe hours. In the five years to 2015, China Eastern achieved the following growth:
- Fleet: 531 aircraft, an increase of 176 (49.6%);
- Passenger numbers: 398 million, +80.9%;
- Cargo volume: 7.4 million tonnes, +43.8%;
- Safe hours: 7.7 million, +76%;
- Number of flights: 3.5 million, +55%. [more - original PR - Chinese]
Looking forward to the next five years, China Eastern aims to add around 300 aircraft to close to 900 aircraft.