9-Jan-2017 12:17 PM
CAPA Fleet Analysis: Boeing logs 280 orders from 'Unidentified Customer(s)' in Dec-2016
CAPA Centre for Aviation, based on analysis of Boeing’s full-year 2016 orders and deliveries, reported (07-Jan-2017) the following orders and cancellations attributed to ‘Unidentified Customer(s)’ during Dec-2016:
- Three 737 MAX aircraft placed on 11-Dec-2016;
- Five 737 MAX aircraft placed on 22-Dec-2016;
- 20 737 MAX aircraft placed on 29-Dec-2016;
- 61 737 MAX - tentatively identified by CAPA as ordered by United Airlines;
- 75 737 MAX - tentatively identified by CAPA as ordered by GECAS;
- 100 737 MAX aircraft placed on 30-Dec-2016;
- Two 737-800s, placed on 15-Dec-2016;
- Three 737-800s, placed on 22-Dec-2016;
- Three 737-800s, placed on 30-Dec-2016;
- Five 737-800s, placed on 19-Dec-2016;
- One 787-9 aircraft placed on 09-Dec-2016;
- Two 787-9 aircraft placed on 16-Dec-2016.
- 24 737-700 aircraft, cancelled during Dec-2016.