CAAC upwardly revises 2010 pax to 270 million
- Total air transport aircraft fleet: 1610;
- General aviation aircraft fleet: 1000;
- Passenger numbers: 270 million, average annual growth of 14% over the past five years;
- Cargo volume: 5.2 million tonnes, average annual growth of 11.1% over the past five years;
- Aircraft movements: 6.2 million, average annual growth of 20% over the past five years;
- 2020 forecast:
- Passenger numbers: 700 million;
- Passenger numbers: 1.5 billion.
According to Mr Li, China’s aviation industry reported an 8.5ppt increase in average load factor to 80% over the past five years and a 0.4 hour increase in the average aircraft utilisation rate to 9.9 hours. The aviation industry also paid in excess of CNY100 billion (USD15 billion) in taxes, which is five times more than the previous Five-Year Plan (2001 to 2005).