CAAC announced (15-Feb-2011) the nation’s aviation industry reported a profit of CNY3400 million (USD516 million) in Jan-2011, its best January result ever. Details include (Yicai/AvBuyer, 15-Feb-2011):
- Revenue: CNY37,060 million (USD5624 million), +34.5% year-on-year;
- Profit: CNY3400 million (USD516 million), compared with a profit of CNY480 million (USD72.8 million) in p-c-p;
- Airlines: CNY2820 million (USD428 million), compared with a loss of CNY50 million (USD7.6 million) in p-c-p;
- Passenger numbers: 22.7 million, +16.7%;
- Cargo volume: 496,200 tonnes, +10.1%;
- Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan: +8.4%.
* Based on the conversion rate USD1 = CNY6.5895