Beijing Airport parent reports 24% rise in revenue, return to profitability in 1H2010
China’s Capital Airports Holding Company (CAH) reported the following financial/traffic highlights for the six months ended 30-Jun-2010 (Xinhua, 23-Jul-2010):
- Operating revenue: USD1,471 million, +23.5% year-on-year;
- Profit: USD73.2 million, compared with a loss of USD42.5 million in p-c-p;
- Total assets: USD18,463 million, n/a;
- Passenger numbers: 67.6 million, +17.0%;
- Beijing Airport: 35 million, +13.2%;
- Cargo volume: 1.1 million tonnes, +17.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 610,000, +15%.
CAH owns 30 airports across nine provincial regions in China, including Beijing Capital International Airport.