Bahrain Duty Free Shops revenue down 7.7% - financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2009:
- Revenue: USD80.9 million, -7.7% year-on-year;
- Cost of sales: USD48.6 million, -9.5%;
- Profit from duty free operations before royalty: USD17.6 million, -4.9%;
- Profit from duty free operations after royalty: USD9.0 million, -4.4%;
- Net profit: USD16.3 million, +2.1%. [more]
*Based on the conversion rate at BHD1 = USD2.65
Bahrain Duty Free Shops: “In addition to the improving passenger flow through Bahrain International Airport, our retail strategy continues to concentrate on our core internal business drivers, improving both the number of passengers spending in the duty free and the average sale value to each of our customers,” Farouk Yousuf Almoayyed, Chairman. Source: Bahrain Duty Free, 17-Mar-2010.