Association of Asia Pacific Airlines pax numbers up 8% in Oct-2013, cargo traffic up 2%
- Passenger numbers: 18.5 million, +8.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +8.6%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +7.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 77.2%, +0.7 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): +2.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.1%, -1.2 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “The steady improvement in global business conditions, and the tentative recovery in consumer sentiment seen in the major developed economies, give us added confidence in future growth prospects, even though competitive pressures are still weighing heavily on both yields and margins for Asian carriers," Source: Company statement, 28-Nov-2013.